Here are some essential tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and employers during 2018’s second quarter. This article is just a short list of deadlines, so there may be other deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to make sure you meet all your deadlines and to know about the filing requirements.
- Electronic filing for the following 2017 forms: Form 1099, Form 1096, Form 1098 (unless an earlier deadline is applicable) and Form W-2G.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, file a 2017 income tax return (Form 1120) or file for an automatic six-month extension (Form 7004), and pay any tax due. In case the return isn’t extended, this is also the last day to make 2017 contributions to pension and profit-sharing plans.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the first installment of 2018 estimated income taxes.
- Report income tax withholding and Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) taxes for the first quarter 2018 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below under “May 10.”)
- If you deposited in full and on time all of the associated taxes due, report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the first quarter 2018 (Form 941).
- Pay the second portion of 2018 estimated income taxes if a calendar-year C corporation.
© 2018 https://www.brscpa.com/
Ben R Shull CPA LLC provides clients with tax, transaction, and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help lead our clients through the next generation of changes, and accelerate growth while reducing risk. CPA Katy, TX.