Here are some of the essential tax-related deadlines for the third quarter of 2018 that are affecting businesses and employers. Keep in mind that this list isn’t all-exhaustive, so there might be other deadlines that apply to you. To make sure you’re meeting all relevant deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements, contact us.
- Report income tax withholding and Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) taxes for second quarter 2018 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See the exception below, under “August 10.”)
- File a 2017 calendar-year retirement plan report (Form 5500 or Form 5500-EZ) or request an extension.
- Report FICA taxes for second quarter 2018 (Form 941) and income tax withholding (if you deposited in full and on time all the associated taxes due.)
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the third installment of 2018 estimated income taxes.
- If a calendar-year S corporation or partnership that filed an automatic six-month extension:
o File a 2017 income tax return (Form 1120S, Form 1065 or Form 1065-B) and pay any interest, penalties, and tax due.
o Make contributions for 2017 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
© 2018 https://www.brscpa.com/
Ben R Shull CPA LLC provides clients with tax, transaction, and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help lead our clients through the next generation of changes, and accelerate growth while reducing risk. CPA Katy, TX.